BBC - Royal Meteorological Society Initiative
The BBC together with the Royal Met Soc have developed a crowd-sourcing system to enable interested
of the public to submit weather data and photographs, which may be used on the TV or local
There is a resource pack for anyone interested in setting up their own weather station and sending
to the BBC.
You can download it here.
Wolstanton Weather Database
Free Climatological Data
This section of the web site provides access to:
- Daily weather records for the Wolstanton Weather Station for the
period January 1977 to March 1981, and a continuous
record from January 1999 to the present day
- Summary monthly data for the period January 1977 to the present day
- Summary annual data for the period January 1977 to the present day
- Extensive facilities for searching the database for specified days, periods or weather
- A gallery of cloud photographs with accompanying explanations
Further data is added on a regular basis:
- Current data is added as it is recorded
- Archive data is entered into the database from old records.
The records for 1981 are being gradually
loaded at the moment. Given time, the whole series of daily records from 1977 to
the present day should become available.
Site Last Updated - 25/10/2015